Part Time Bookkeeper
Do you think Washington should lead the nation with smart, progressive policies that build thriving communities, a strong middle class, and a better future for our kids? Do you want to work with non-profits that support resilient communities and fight against injustice? Advocate Accounting LLC is hiring a part-time bookkeeper to help our clients carry out their missions.
The bookkeeper will support clients with basic bookkeeping functions and support the staff accountant and CPA as needed. This includes working with clients to print checks, record deposits, record credit card transactions, manage payroll, and reconcile bank accounts. The bookkeeper will also assist the staff accountant with complex monthly allocations and the CPA in gathering information for campaign compliance reporting. This is a seasonal position through May, 6-12 hours per week, requires local travel to client offices. Potential opportunity to stay on past May. Flexible hours.
Principal Duties & Key Responsibilities
- Accounts receivable, accounts payable, bank recs and financial reporting
- Payroll processing, payroll tax payments, and payroll form filings (IRS, ESD, LNI, DOR)
- Cross-entity allocations and reimbursements
- Grant and contract tracking, invoicing, and reporting
- Systems and internal control development and improvement
- Administrative tasks and office management
- 1-3 years bookkeeping experience
- Proficiency in QuickBooks Online and Excel
- Experience working with/for non-profit organizations
- Detail oriented and comfortable managing multiple projects at once
- Ability to work and troubleshoot problems independently
- Basic accounting knowledge: GAAP, Cash/Accrual, Debits/Credits etc.
- Ability to interact with a variety of clients in diverse settings
- Ability to understand and record adjusting journal entries
- Experience with 501c3/501c4/PAC organization model and campaign reporting
- 3+ years of bookkeeping experience
- Experience in tax return preparation
Compensation: $18-$24/hr. DOE
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.com as soon as possible and no later than 01/24/18. We will consider candidates and begin interviews as applications arrive and the first round of interviews will be held between 1/23/18-1/26/18. No phone calls or drop-ins, please.
Advocate Accounting, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. All interested individuals, including people of color, women, persons with disabilities and persons who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender or intersex are particularly urged to apply.